- Parnter Name
- Partner Type
- Commercial Partner
- Contact Info
- Mr. Chen Zhaohui (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Descriptive Overview
- CRRC is a pending commercial licensee of the Gates Foundation’s patented omni-processor technology. CRRC is adapting the technology to produce an omni-processor localized to the Chinese context, specifically focusing on the processing of biosolids and sorted organic waste.
- Key Features
- Designed to support FSTP processing 200 KLD (wet sludge)
- Omni-Processor can be scaled smaller or larger to meet requirements
- Will be tested with 20 to 40 tons per day of dewatered sludge at 40% total solids
- Sustainable solution to reduce carbon footprint and green-house gas emissions
- Use Case Details
- Standalone FSTP: Fecal sludge feedstock can be supplemented with biomass (e.g., organic waste) to reach 20% solids. Colocation with STP: Pairing of OP with existing sewage treatment plant in China will enable treatment of biosolids for complete pathogen destruction.
- Dimensions (meters)
- footprint: 27m x 20m
- Other Waste Accepted
- fecal sludge, biosolids, other biomass if needed
- Use Cases
- Standalone FSTP
- Collocation with STP
- Interface Type
- Frontend Description
- The CRRC Omni-Processor is designed to be used as a component in a full fecal sludge treatment plant (FSTP).
- Flush Water Source
- Users per Day (Expected)
- The current system is designed to serve 300,000 - 500,000 people.
- Users per Day (Maximum)
- Type of Waste Treated
- Solids Processing
- Core Processing Technology
- Dry Combustion
- Processing Overview
- Wet biosolids are dried and metered to a boiler for combustion. Steam from combustion is then used for power generation.
- Processing Capacity
- 27 KLD of dewatered sludge
- Consumable Chemicals Needed
- Lime for emissions controls, and acids/ bases for pH control.
Power & Control
- Power Systems Overview
- Steam from the boiler is routed to a steam engine and generator. Electricity is produced for use in the system, with excess electricity available for other uses.
- Energy Balance
- 300 kW electricity recovered (gross, estimated)
- Control System
- Remote monitoring and controls
- Capital Expense Estimate Notes
- Capital expense not available at this time
- Operating Expense Estimate Notes
- Operating expense estimate not available at this time
- Expected Design Lifetime (Years)
- Currently in Active Development
- Commercialization Status
- Seeking Licensees
- Commercialization Activities
- Commercial License from BMGF expected Nov 2018 (other licenses still available). The CRRC Omni-Processor CS50 is in design and tech transfer phase. The pilot unit will be built and commissioned at Wu He county of Beng Bu City <An Hui Province> in December 2018.
- Intellectual Property Status
- Patent Granted
- Intellectual Property Details
- Based on US Patent 9,708,937 and the associated family of patents and applications in other jurisdictions. IP owned by BMGF.
- Solid Emission Characteristics
- 1000-2000 kg ash/day produced.
- Liquid Emission Characteristics
- Confirmed total pathogen removal < 1.8MPN/100ML. 6 KLD distilled water recovered.
- Technology Development Milestones
- Pilot Scale Deployment
- TRL: 8 (2018)
- The CRRC Omni-Processor CS50 is in design and technology transfer phase. Pilot unit will be built and commissioned at Wu He county of Beng Bu City <An Hui Province> in December 2018
- Linked Enabling Components
- None linked
- Linked Processing Technologies
- Janicki Omni-Processor (J-OP)
|US20160138433||Multi-functional fecal waste and garbage processor and associated methods||Link|